• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
114FDF62-F3E1-469A-87D5-9810136A2400.jpeg
0EE9F616-8F2B-41E7-B79B-B065F85505E5.jpeg
6D693B8D-F26F-4F84-8A48-94F2B47F1824.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Congratulations Will!

I see the results of you pairing the new 35mm Canon R macro lens with your fabulous customized 200WS Ringlight modified from a vintage Canon ML3.

This focal length does very well with both head and shoulder as well as full length portraits.

I find the even lighting in this case very flattering to the model!

I wonder how it would be with more reflective and shiny makeup? Would you consider a diffuser then?

Asher

Asher Kelman

For those who missed the to Will’s upgraded vintage Canon ML-3 here is the setup of the Macro flash with its modern Camera specific TTL controlled Godox power source!

FAD71694-AB18-4FFF-ADE1-DA56F66988C4.jpeg

This fits on all canon’s Macro lenses and many more via filter adapters!

Will kindly made one for me which I use on either my Canon bodies or my Fuji GFX MF camera and the 50mm f2.5 Macro lens and an AF adapter!

Asher

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
The model number of the RingLight flash head I make is a ML-3/200!

It already has a diffuser built in as you can clearly see in the photo you posted!

Asher Kelman

16C06B1C-94B6-4A95-9AF1-F6D68FF0FC09.jpeg

Wonderful model!

I am so impressed with her fresh and youthful appearance and lovely pose.

I do hope she is available to collaborate often with you.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Will,

Great model and great shots!

The model number of the RingLight flash head I make is a ML-3/200!

It already has a diffuser built in as you can clearly see in the photo you posted!
Perhaps Asher was referring to something more along the lines of a "soft box".

Best regards,

Doug