• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diagonal

Michael Nagel

Chris - if you refer to the leaves in the lower center: No, these are not distracting.
To my eyes these are an additional nice patch of colour

Hi Michael, nice variations on the theme. The scale of that station in the first photo is impressive, is that another photographer there?

@Jerome: very elegant photo!

Ruben Alfu : Red Rocks Amphitheatre

I think this is a nice example of dynamism created by a diagonal line that Fahim mentioned. The rocky lines lead downwards, but the curved lines seem to flow towards the observer in continuous motion.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A Himalayan waterfall
Reginald,

I also love to photography waterfalls and they are challenge. So many different opportunities to frame the same scene in a myriad of decisive ways.

You have made some unique choices, like cutting off a feeding part of a major flow to the lower left, yet it works admirably.

Asher

Reginald,

I also love to photography waterfalls and they are challenge. So many different opportunities to frame the same scene in a myriad of decisive ways.

You have made some unique choices, like cutting off a feeding part of a major flow to the lower left, yet it works admirably.

Asher
Thank you, Asher. Framing is often a dilemma for me still. Sometimes the LCD view seems to have a different effect than watching on the PC monitor. In this case however, I was concentrating more on bringing out the splashing droplets without freezing them or smoothing out the water flow.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you, Asher. Framing is often a dilemma for me still. Sometimes the LCD view seems to have a different effect than watching on the PC monitor. In this case however, I was concentrating more on bringing out the splashing droplets without freezing them or smoothing out the water flow.
Yes, you suceeded! I do not ever choose the milky look although it's a very effective strategem. What you have done still allows for the image to conjure up the thunder and splashing and spray in my face!

Asher

Nicolas Claris

Administrator/Moderator
Diagonal seen from above

Pentax 645 Z + 300 mm, helicopter shot of the top of the Dune du Pyla, while flying back after a shoot over the Bassin d'Arcachon a few days ago…