• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diagonal

Michael Nagel

Chris - if you refer to the leaves in the lower center: No, these are not distracting.
To my eyes these are an additional nice patch of colour

Antonio Correia

Rusty diagonal

i-DKbWCFJ-X2.jpg

Rusty diagonal

i-jgPjQN7-X2.jpg

Wet diagonal​

Hi Michael, nice variations on the theme. The scale of that station in the first photo is impressive, is that another photographer there?

@Jerome: very elegant photo!

IMG_1065-Edit.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Red Rocks Amphitheatre

I think this is a nice example of dynamism created by a diagonal line that Fahim mentioned. The rocky lines lead downwards, but the curved lines seem to flow towards the observer in continuous motion.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A Himalayan waterfall
32893161504_1948818e3d_c.jpg

Reginald,

I also love to photography waterfalls and they are challenge. So many different opportunities to frame the same scene in a myriad of decisive ways.

You have made some unique choices, like cutting off a feeding part of a major flow to the lower left, yet it works admirably.

Asher

Reginald,

I also love to photography waterfalls and they are challenge. So many different opportunities to frame the same scene in a myriad of decisive ways.

You have made some unique choices, like cutting off a feeding part of a major flow to the lower left, yet it works admirably.

Asher

Thank you, Asher. Framing is often a dilemma for me still. Sometimes the LCD view seems to have a different effect than watching on the PC monitor. In this case however, I was concentrating more on bringing out the splashing droplets without freezing them or smoothing out the water flow.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you, Asher. Framing is often a dilemma for me still. Sometimes the LCD view seems to have a different effect than watching on the PC monitor. In this case however, I was concentrating more on bringing out the splashing droplets without freezing them or smoothing out the water flow.

Yes, you suceeded! I do not ever choose the milky look although it's a very effective strategem. What you have done still allows for the image to conjure up the thunder and splashing and spray in my face!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Diagonal seen from above

Pentax 645 Z + 300 mm, helicopter shot of the top of the Dune du Pyla, while flying back after a shoot over the Bassin d'Arcachon a few days ago…

_NCZ4737-1200.jpg