• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diagonal

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

I recognize the prayer flags!

Is this from Napal?

The simple, inexpensive symbols seem to be universal. Prayer in the times of despair is the opening for renewed hope and pathways to recovery.

But salvation that we seek, depends only on us, not chance nor the Angles!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

This is one of those rare occasions where the picture is capable of speaking for itself,

(........as long as one has travelled or learned about prayer flags).

i-24jKG7h-X3.jpg

It’s exceptional simple but very rich in being a playground and muse for our minds.

Asher

Asher Kelman

That’s unique, Michael!

I have never even imagined a diagonal like that!

How high up? Does one have to climb to get there?

Asher

Antonio Correia

After having done and posted the chain I went away. When I came back I looked and thought.
That is not OK. I have flipped the image and I find it to be now, better than before.

i-tcw24Rz-X3.jpg

Side by side. You will have to hide one version with the hand alternatively so have a better perception.

i-5jDR2MB-S.jpg
-
i-tcw24Rz-S.jpg

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

So you may wonder why it’s so much better flipped left to right?

i-tcw24Rz-X3.jpg

I think it’s because in the West we read from left to right and so “advancing” in our life’s journey is always from left to right. Now here we see that as we travel to the right we are now being lifted up to a higher level. That in pictures indicates positivity, hope, success and progress!

The original was severe and much more depressing as it descends, much
like the steps in Dante’s Inferno!

Asher

Antonio Correia

It is not the first time I flip images, Asher.
I was aware of your explanation but thank you, anyway.

I some times - rarely - rotate the images 180 degrees.

Cheers ! :)

Asher Kelman

It is not the first time I flip images, Asher.
I was aware of your explanation but thank you, anyway.

I some times - rarely - rotate the images 180 degrees.

Cheers ! :)

Of course! Anyway, likely as not you and Luisa know 1,000 times more European literature than I do! I am only a pretend scholar of literature!

Asher