• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grab Portraits Challenge: Fast Grab- Portaits: No lights, no reflectors.

Antonio Correia

i-dB2Hvd6-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
She really likes you Peter!

....and the camera likes her back!

I wonder whether any of the Sony A6xxx series have image stabilization?

Such a fabulous camera!

Asher

Last edited:

Antonio Correia

He is a fisherman. He was fixing the nets with another man.

We are going to have lunch with them one of theses days. We will be bringing bread fro the meal and the printed portraits also.

The other guy is giving me more work as his good expressions are hard to find. Post later.

Nice week end ! :)

Antonio Correia

Explain the fabulousness? Is this make up for a festival? What’s the story, Antonio? Asher

As you may remember Asher I have just visited Burma and made some portraits... These are shots made during the visit. Do you know this European in the image ? Bare feet !!!

Hey Asher, what's the story behind the two young girls ! Your turn ! ;)

i-7P2VSjt-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

I was moved at the rediscovery! That picture with the Canon 5D of Mike’s Shimwell’s girls, taken a decade ago! I have reached out to him for an update!

Asher

Antonio Correia

James, the girl was selling birds so we could get them free and have some credits to our souls...
She was under trees with a great open area in front of her in spite of the very harsh light of that mid day. I also made a slight adjustment on the color temperature... ;)
Thank you for commenting ! :)

Harsh light and harsh face ! These religious guys... ;)
i-HZwCQkB-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

No, no. They are birds have red beak !...

Antonio,

You are so correct that they are not pigeons! But they do indeed have red, not on their beaks but on feathers on both sides of their head behind the eyes.

I am so ignorant at identifying birds! I did try!

But they are pretty!

Did you get any of the birds being set free and flying off!

Asher

Peter Dexter

One used to be offered small "cage birds" at the stop lights in Cali. Agencies in charge may be closing in on this as I haven't seen any in quite a while.

Some years ago a "short" was presented prior to the main feature at a Colombian cinema chain.It began with loggers cutting down a tree in the forest and setting fire to more. They find a family of sloths that were in the tree and kill the mother. The next seen shows a happy family from Bogotá pulling over along a highway where a man is selling a baby sloth. The parents buy it for their children. The next scene shows the children frustrated because the baby sloth won't (can't) eat any of the "people" food they try to feed it. The last scene shows the children with the baby sloth on an overpass above a busy avenue...

Asher Kelman

One used to be offered small "cage birds" at the stop lights in Cali. Agencies in charge may be closing in on this as I haven't seen any in quite a while.

Some years ago a "short" was presented prior to the main feature at a Colombian cinema chain.It began with loggers cutting down a tree in the forest and setting fire to more. They find a family of sloths that were in the tree and kill the mother. The next seen shows a happy family from Bogotá pulling over along a highway where a man is selling a baby sloth. The parents buy it for their children. The next scene shows the children frustrated because the baby sloth won't (can't) eat any of the "people" food they try to feed it. The last scene shows the children with the baby sloth on an overpass above a busy avenue...

Now look back at Antonio’s woman in purple from Burma. It’s as if she heard your story too!

Stunning!

Asher