• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grab Portraits Challenge: Fast Grab- Portaits: No lights, no reflectors.

James Lemon

You couldn’t get this fellow a better backdrop: perfect!

Where is this?

Asher

James, this is quite a shot !
Was it in US or Canada ? My guess...
:)

Asher,Antonio

Thanks for your interest! The Burnaby Village Museum, previously known as the Heritage Village, is an open-air museum in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, located at Deer Lake Park. It is a reconstructed 1920s village, containing 31 full scale buildings; its costumed staff demonstrate traditional trades. The museum spans 10 acres of land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnaby_Village_Museum

i-GmWktCW-L.jpg

Best, regards
James

Antonio Correia

I have not posted this portrait before, have I ?
I think it is my best one from this trip. She was in an open air market seated on the ground. The Sun was shinning behind a tree...
m43 75mm = 150mm @ FF ! Gorgeous lens !

i-jFLZZqQ-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Let me be serious!

I think it is my best one from this trip. She was in an open air market seated on the ground. The Sun was shinning behind a tree...

i-jFLZZqQ-XL.jpg

Again, a winner, saturated in openness, the raw material of human social and intellectual progress!

This is not a trivial decorative comment, but thought out, weighed and considered. Her open and warm attitude and not angry exclusiveness has been the engine of most advances of mankind!

So besides this picture’s obvious beauty, it has key elements that should give nationalists pause and encourage us to value each other’s grandchildren!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, I am reading - now - about micro contrast - a concept I had hardly known so far...

This lens - Oly 75 f/1.8 - has 10 elements in 9 groups with 9 (circular aperture diaphragm) diaphragm blades.
It looks pretty good ! I bought it used for a good price in mint conditions.

However, my other portrait lens - the Panasonic Leica 42.5mm f/1.2 - is also an excellent lens returning superb results. It has 14 elements in 11 groups. There are 9 diaphragm blades in a rounded configuration.

Can we say that these lenses have great micro contrast and sharpness ? The image has a tad of sharpness
I can tell that it looks better on my screen when in LR, than here.

i-CmQwQvg-X3.jpg

i-wF3JBDX-XL.png

James Lemon

i-jFLZZqQ-XL.jpg

No have not seen this one before... a good focal length indeed!

Antonio Correia

A portrait made inside a boat (as one can see) with very different light values inside and outside and a bit over cooked perhaps...

i-f8bmcBp-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Amazing posture! Do all the boatmen crouch like that! Must do wonders for sperm count and mobility!

I couldn’t possibly maintain that posture even on the ground, much less on a bookshelf sized “perch”!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Only now, 8 years later when I dig on search of images for LensWork, I realize the "power" of this portrait, the sadness of this young boy.
Intentionally treated dark.

i-2vsgLNw-XL.jpg