• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Random pictures - Regularly updated - Juste pour le plaisir

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

_NCK6863.jpg

Loneliness in Tokyo​

nicolas claris

Nous étions dans un pays où les jours sont chauds, les nuits douces et étoilées, parfois ventées. Nous profitions pleinement de ces moments de quiétude, lorsque l’esprit se fait libre et voyageur. Tranquilles, nous laissions passer le temps, tout doux, à petits pas feutrés.
Le soir venu, à l’ombre du guitariste, s’essayant les pieds dans l’eau, à quelques accords difficiles, nous avons levé nos regards vers le ciel. Alors, les nuages grands vaisseaux évanescents, nous ont emportés avec nos rêves.

We were in a country where the days are hot, the nights are soft and starry, sometimes windy. We fully enjoyed these moments of tranquility, when the mind feels free and wandering. Quietly, we let time pass by, softly, with small muffled steps.
In the evening, in the shade of the guitarist struggling, his feet in the pool, with a few difficult tunings, we raised our eyes to the sky. Then, the clouds, large evanescent vessels, took us away with our dreams.

One of the many art prints to discover and order...
https://claris-gallery.com/nuit-espagnole

Avec Romain Claris with a thought for @charlotte thompson
Photographié avec un #Pentax #645D #ricohimagingfrance #nightphotography #nightphoto #nuage #ciel #étoiles #cloud #sky #stars #planetrail

09_nuit-espagnole_©Nicolas_Claris_NCL0384_1500px.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
“Le soir venu”, that is so poetic compared to “Then it was evening”!

The French is a gift and the kind translation is a helpful guide for us to refine our language skills in your mother tongue!

Asher

nicolas claris

“Le soir venu”, that is so poetic compared to “Then it was evening”!

The French is a gift and the kind translation is a helpful guide for us to refine our language skills in your mother tongue!

Asher
Thank you Asher,
I dropped the French texte as it is so difficult for me d'écrire un texte chargé d'émotion poétique in English…

Au fait, this was a long but "short" pose of 2.5 sec. short enough to get the stars without trail but long enough to get the trail of a plane right entering (penetrating?) the cloud…

Doug Kerr

Nous étions dans un pays où les jours sont chauds, les nuits douces et étoilées, parfois ventées. Nous profitions pleinement de ces moments de quiétude, lorsque l’esprit se fait libre et voyageur. Tranquilles, nous laissions passer le temps, tout doux, à petits pas feutrés.
Le soir venu, à l’ombre du guitariste, s’essayant les pieds dans l’eau, à quelques accords difficiles, nous avons levé nos regards vers le ciel. Alors, les nuages grands vaisseaux évanescents, nous ont emportés avec nos rêves.

We were in a country where the days are hot, the nights are soft and starry, sometimes windy. We fully enjoyed these moments of tranquility, when the mind feels free and wandering. Quietly, we let time pass by, softly, with small muffled steps.
In the evening, in the shade of the guitarist struggling, his feet in the pool, with a few difficult tunings, we raised our eyes to the sky. Then, the clouds, large evanescent vessels, took us away with our dreams.

Oh, Nicolas, that is so lovely, both the French and the English, a lovely idiomatic, poetic, transformation (far beyond a mere translation).

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

Myself, for a change ;)
Photographer's job is not always comfortable!
On the left
BENETEAU Océanis 41.1: details in the galley
On the right
Lagoon Catamarans SIXTY 5: Starboard engine room
Photos: Christine Suaudeau Leroy and Martina Torrini

IMG_8955-2_IZUI7652.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I see you take your shoes off!

I hope someone helps you get down! Could easily whack your head on an open cupboard door or twist your ankle as you climb down shielding your heavy camera!

You could be an astronaut, as you are already so trained to working in confined tunnels!

Asher

nicolas claris

I see you take your shoes off!

I hope someone helps you get down! Could easily whack your head on an open cupboard door or twist your ankle as you climb down shielding your heavy camera!

You could be an astronaut, as you are already so trained to working in confined tunnels!

Asher
Thanks Asher for your recommandations :)
I don't need anyone to come down, I put my camera down gently first!
I would have loved to fly in space, unfortunately I'm a little too old to be eligible...