• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!
I have friends that have a beautiful zen garden and for the second time this year I've gone to visit it. This last weekend, I had a helper so brought along some black and white foam core to separate some flowers from the myriad of flowers growing there.

I so enjoyed my time and would like to share 2 of the images I took of poppies while there because I think they are great!

D

I'm not sure how to show them a bit bigger as thumbnails (even though you can click to see them bigger) do not do them justice.

There’s An option next to the thumb nails as to “full size” or “icon” so I did it for U 🦉!

A.K.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maggie,

But these are not tulips, this time.

I see your are exploring!

Maggie Terlecki: Poppies

The black background and the lighting partly from above is perfect!

Asher

Jerome Marot

These look very nice and the idea to build a makeshift studio background directly in the garden is brilliant!

These look very nice and the idea to build a makeshift studio background directly in the garden is brilliant!

Thank you, Jerome. The idea worked so well. The foam-core is so lightweight and there was no setting up, just put the card behind the flowers so in and out in no time at all, and not creating any hullabaloo, not disturbing anyone.

Peter Dexter

I have friends that have a beautiful zen garden and for the second time this year I've gone to visit it. This last weekend, I had a helper so brought along some black and white foam core to separate some flowers from the myriad of flowers growing there.

I so enjoyed my time and would like to share 2 of the images I took of poppies while there because I think they are great!

View attachment 1794

DView attachment 1795
Just beautiful.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Still exceptional over a year later. The impact is just as strong.

947D0BB5-DB97-457D-AC23-CFF992101137.jpeg

Again, Maggie, fabulous work!

BA8DA6A7-A340-4B14-813A-FEF03B342F8F.jpeg

Have you used these for cards or framed prints!

Asher

Still exceptional over a year later. The impact is just as strong.

Again, Maggie, fabulous work!

Have you used these for cards or framed prints!

Asher
Thank you for the kind words Asher. They can be purchased as prints, but I compete with hundreds of thousands of artists, and they mostly don't get seen. Poppies are a very popular subject so if my images come up on page 250, not many see them. I would actually one day like to have a couple prints of these in my home perhaps quite large and on acrylic, because they would look modern that way, but I already struggle financially so that will have to wait!

TimTom42

Wow, those poppies look stunning! I'm so glad you had someone to help you separate the flowers, it looks like it was a great success. I bet the zen garden looks even more beautiful now with the addition of the foam core. I’m sure you’ll have many more enjoyable visits there!

Wow, those poppies look stunning! I'm so glad you had someone to help you separate the flowers, it looks like it was a great success. I bet the zen garden looks even more beautiful now with the addition of the foam core. I’m sure you’ll have many more enjoyable visits there!
Thank you so much, Tim! The foam core doesn't stay there, she was just helping me by placing it behind the flowers. As for Asher's question. Since I had posted, I've actually sold some of these, as prints. I also, printed out the top one, with the black background for my home. It's quite big, and I got too enthusiastic about purchasing it without really measuring and need to find a better place to put then planned as it 's too big...eeeH! I hope to go back this year, as the last couple of years with the pandemic, nobody was really taking any chances, but this year things are much better. The garden in not huge compared to something you'd find in a big city, but it's gorgeous and I know the owners that are both artists, and will have no problem spending plenty of time. It's only been about a week that we finally have no snow, so I'm getting antsy about shooting new flowers growing!