• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Watching and waiting

Antonio Correia

i-2JhHFD8-X3.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

Fabulous photo!

He seems to be following the dictum (introduced by a young Scottish telephone engineer in about 1970, in the context of a theater sound control board in Albuquerque, New Mexico), "If you don't want to turn it on, don't touch it." The warning was against the habit of the operator early putting his hand on a control that will be involved in a sound cue quite a while later. When we do so there is the risk that in the meantime some happening will startle us and cause us to move the control long before the proper time. Better practice is only to grasp the control a few seconds before it is time to move it, and then very soon let go of it.

The warning was given by a sign adjacent to the sound control "desk", which was in the open and adjacent to an entrance to the stage from the wings, so there were often players crowded in that space. The double entendre in the warning was intentional.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

If you had a metal detector you would find lost treasure, I swear it!

No one can imagine arguing with this impressive fellow. Seems like a determined chap who expects to be listened to!

Likewise no one would not be impressed with your photography. Portraits you don’t just do, you slay!

Asher