• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who makes a 200WS TTL ringlite for Canon EOS?

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Who makes a 200WS TTL ringlite for Canon EOS?
I have a 1DXII, 5D4, 5DS, and several 7D2.
In the past I have been forced to convert other MFGR to meet my needs.
Hoping some MFGR now makes one?

Last edited:

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Yes I do need automatic flash exposure.

My latest construct is with a Godox AD200PRO with the Godox EC200 Flash Head Extension.

I cut the cord and put a ringlite of my choice on the end.

Last edited:

Jerome Marot

Nice construction you have there.

TTL studio flashes with ring heads exists. Profoto, for example, has one. But the price is quite higher. Maybe Jinbei has something of the kind for amateur prices, I do not know.

Jerome Marot

22 Ω

LEDs are basically a short circuit, so a resistor is needed to limit current. There are far better ways to limit current, BTW.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Certainly enough for focusing and fine for video too.

The Canon 50mm f 2.5 Macro lens was a bargain. Not made anymore.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Will,

I love the idea of powerful LEDs here!

With all the work you have done, it’s worth 3D printing the case in temp resistant polymer or fabricating it with a nice efficient aluminum heat grill at the back! When working outside in sunlight sunlight with harsh shadows, we want to overwhelm the sun. So your reported ability to have ten times more powerful LED focusing light, reveals a much greater potential for your flash adaption than I imagined, heretofore!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Simply brilliant!

So I should be able to use such a hybrid on my GFX with Canon Macro Lenses and overcome mid day California sunlight!

Asher

Asher Kelman

With this your hybrid Canon flash?

Wonderful!

Very smooth.

Where did you get AF? Is this edited at all?

There’s red eye, so I know the flash was working. Can you get tge pre-flash to work too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well then,will, you deserve a “hi fi”, pat on the back

.....and from me a bear hug, (if my arms were long enough)!

That Canon Macro lens flash served me for thousands of pictures of patients.

The light with use in portraits is almost shadowless! The subjects are flattered with light hiding many signs of aging!

The flash is no longer manufactured but enough are available used.

• First, if you have a canon camera any of their, (always fabulous), Macro lenses
  • If you use Sony or Fuji mirrorless camera’s, available AF adapters allow this system to fit your mobile portrait needs.
  • Alternatively, step up filter rings or attachment via the camera tripod mount might be practical is the lens diameter works for you.
I have purchased two vintage ML 3 Canon Macro ring flashes:

• One for use with my Canon bodies and my Fuji GFX.
  • The seconds to disassemble and design a 3D printable version with a diameter able to allow use of the 70-200 2.8 L IS it the Fuji GFC 32-64mm and other beefy diameter lenses of one’s choice.
I am so looking forward to my Own Godox-Canon hybrid. This feature simply plugs in to the unaltered Godox AD200 Pro! Power can be fully automatic by TTL, or manually brought down to as low as 1/256 power!

Simply a fabulous advance!

Asher