• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beautiful model EOS R5 RF 35mm Macro

Will Thompson

Inactive
A787EA9C-E4D9-4B93-937E-30305C83A618.jpeg
B6CDD0AB-01A6-4BB0-BB9F-0D85DCE8837C.jpeg
0812FCB0-B5DE-4539-A352-E13E40888AD0.jpeg
890F3B22-0914-4526-BDD1-2E269C978E58.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Delightful and so well lit!

I thought you were talking about Canon’s new beautiful camera model the R5 or else tgr nagnificrnt new 35 mm lens!

This girl though is far more fun!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Shes’s really lovely and so is your lighting.

I kerp thinking that the exciting part was the beautiful new camera model, the R5!

But the girl knocks that idea off the table!

She is obviously where the beauty is!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Great shots and a very beautiful model. There's not much you could have done any better.
Just one little comment when you're shooting from "Down below". You should "Black out" the Hair in the Nose using Photoshop.
While it's perfectly natural, it just doesn't look that appealing.

Greating from Germany
Martin

Asher Kelman

Never mind photoshop, just don’t shoot up women's noses. Simple as that.

Best,regards
James
James,

You don’t mean that! I wouldn’t want to be so limited. But if that works, great. I never realized it was a problem. I have no issue with healing away s few black hairs or a pimple!

Why not?

If the pose is great, isn’t it worth it?

I recognize you do a lot of portraits yourself. So are you saying such angles, (in your experience or else), are generally accepted as unflattering, like a pole coming out of ones head?

Asher

James Lemon

James,

You don’t mean that! I wouldn’t want to be so limited. But if that works, great. I never realized it was a problem. I have no issue with healing away s few black hairs or a pimple!

Why not?

If the pose is great, isn’t it worth it?

I recognize you do a lot of portraits yourself. So are you saying such angles, (in your experience or else), are generally accepted as unflattering, like a pole coming out of ones head?

Asher

Yes Asher that is exactly what I am saying.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Will,

Perhaps next time you could have your stylist put a little plumber's putty in each nostril to avoid this "problem".

Doug

Asher Kelman

Yes Asher that is exactly what I am saying.
I agree that having nostrils with hair might be off putting.

But in an weathered elderly man, smoking a pipe, nose hairs might perfectly fit the overall texture!

But what about a beautiful woman?

Well, James, if the woman has a child or dog by the fireplace and you have them look up at you, nostrils will appear.

I would just edit out any hairs that were distracting!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I agree that having nostrils with hair might be off putting.

But in an weathered elderly man, smoking a pipe, nose hairs might perfectly fit the overall texture!

But what about a beautiful woman?

Well, James, if the woman has a child or dog by the fireplace and you have them look up at you, nostrils will appear.

I would just edit out any hairs that were distracting!

Asher

My personal feeling is that there is no need to shy away from shooting from a lower angle and having the darkness of the inside of the nose showing. It would be boring with everyones head positioned the same way.

As for contents of the inside of the nose, It would just be something I would watch for when shooting and adjust for. The only way to really tell would be by viewing on the screen after taking the photo - especially when using flash. The more natural light shot, may require an adjustment in head position, so that the inside of the nose isn’t so light. I too find it a little distracting to see the hairs in those couple of shots, so probably would resort to retouching them out. But as James mentions, always best to anticipate these things before shooting - - - as in poles or trees coming out of heads that I see in peoples photos all the time LOL.

———

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Will, James and Robert,

There’s a “cost” we pay in breaking basic rules. We risk degrading our work, so there better be some payoff for the photographer!

Even poles coming out of the head CAN be done on purpose, if it works for the photographer’s design.

My rule is not to “NOT break such rules”, but rather to ONLY do so by conscious design!

Asher

James Lemon

Will, James and Robert,

There’s a “cost” we pay in breaking basic rules. We risk degrading our work, so there better be some payoff for the photographer!

Even poles coming out of the head CAN be done on purpose, if it works for the photographer’s design.

My rule is not to “NOT break such rules”, but rather to ONLY do so by conscious design!

Asher

For my own tastes I would have used full body poses and cropped my head shots, and others from those.

Best,regards
James

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

That does force you to put less pixels on the head, when you are going to crop anyway.

I would rather use 50 mm or higher for that!

Asher